The International School of IITA Educational Philosophy
At The International School of IITA, our faculty, staff and community believe in developing the whole person:
- Our educational programmes are driven by inquiry-based education wherein our students can develop independent and critical thinking, explore the world, and host country, in curiosity, celebrating the diversity of language, cultures and experiences and express themselves creatively.
- Our students can actively shape the process of their learning. Having acknowledged that genuine inquiry-based education is driven forward by student inspiration and excitement making the best schools fully engaged with individualized learning.
- Our students acquire personal attitudes, attributes and skills towards people, the environment and their learning that promote international mindedness. We believe in developing globally-conscious students with characteristics such as leadership, respect, commitment, cooperation, confidence and empathy and who strive to be reflective, balanced, risk-takers, open-minded and principled.
- We provide opportunities for students to give equal importance to intellectual, physical and emotional balance to achieve personal well-being.
- Our faculty and staff are committed to achieving excellence through professional development opportunities. We engage in training opportunities, both locally and internationally, on holistic and inquiry-based education, effective teaching and learning and the effective use of educational technology.